Tuesday 15 March 2011

Skiing in the Tetons

Work then Play, that's what I say.


On my way home from Antarctica I stopped in the USA for a little back country skiing in and around the Teton National Park staying with Kevin (other mountaineer with the Fosdicks crew) and his wife, Kate.


You definitely earn your turns - for every hour skinning up the hill you probably get around 2/3 minutes of descent if it's straightforward. You could say you need to enjoy the ups as much as the downs.


Wow. I've visited before and this visit didn't disappoint either. I think they've got it sorted in so many ways - a very cute little house in a young and active community of mountain people alongside the teton national park.


Location, location, location....


Anyway, a week passed by quickly skiing in good old USA powder. Mustn't grumble! Thanks so much K&K for being brilliant hosts - and for taking my money at poker... ;-)

No comments: